So you want to make some dope edibles but are entirely lost on the concept of a proper THC dosage? We’ve all been there, am I right? So many people venture into baking edibles blindly and just kind of go wild. We admire and respect that, but it doesn’t mean that you can’t have a little bit of understanding as to what is the best measurement of THC in your sweet cannabis treats.
We’re going to break it all down so you can understand exactly what you need to know about THC in your edibles. The percentage and how different doses might affect you and other consumers of your edibles.
Calculating the THC Dosage
The recommended dosage of THC in an edible is 1 to 5 milligrams. So while your edible itself might weigh 20 grams, it should contain at least 4 milligrams adhering to the 1 to 5 ratio. However, what might work for you may require more or less THC. Use this as a basis and build off of it to develop a dosage that works for you and your recreational or trauma-related needs.
Another way to look at the averages is by who can enjoy them comfortably. Take a look at this dosage breakdown that explains how novices and pros might respond to specific dosages, and figure out where you fit in.
- 1 – 2 mg THC: this is considered a microdose. We believe it be the most ideal beginner dosage.
- 2 – 5 mg THC: Depending on your tolerance this is either a low dose, or a microdose.
- 5 – 10 mg THC: casual consumers usually remain roughly in this dosage range.
- 10 – 50 mg THC: Experienced and tolerant? Try something with a bit of a kick.
- 50 mg THC and above: Highly strong dosage usually used by people who’re extremely used to marijuana. It’s also provided to patients suffering trauma from injuries, surgeries, or therapies.
If you’re going to stick traditional and smoke flowers instead, then be sure to know what is possible for your level of marijuana expertise.
- 10% or less: considered to be mild in this range. New users might find this to be an easy place to start.
- 10 – 20%: Perfect for beginners or casual users.
- 20% and above: Strong, potent weed if you’re experienced and looking for something truly worthy of your time and energy.
Most of the cartridges for vape pens have cannabis oil already pre-filled. As a result, you can produce a potent marijuana vapor that others inhale, sharing the high with one another. This high takes moments to feel and peaks after 30 minutes.
Can’t Have a Proper THC Dosage Without The Proper THC!
If you’re looking for your new trusted supplier of quality THC, then say hello to Buzzed Extracts! We are one of the best dispensaries in Canada, and for a good reason. We not only supply some of the best products, but we also offer insane affiliate rewards and discounts to make your experience far superior. So check out our store today and look around at our concentrates, shatter, and accessories.
All views expressed here are from a third-party source and do not necessarily represent the entity of Buzzed Extracts itself. This blog post is intended to be used for informational purposes only